Stand in line ladies!! The bride-to-be just made her decision about who is going to stand next to her on her big day, and you’re gonna be in it!
How exciting! Congratulations to the happy couple. But your job is a lot tougher than you think. Yes, yes, the bride and groom have flowers and chapels and food to sort out, but your job is firstly, to make sure your bride has the best bachelorette party ever, and secondly, to make sure that her wedding day goes on without a hitch.
The first thing you need to understand is that while you do get to help her plan, it is NOT your day. Know when to back off. Know your place. Especially if you’re not the maid of honor.
Run ideas past, her but don’t overwhelm her with unnecessary details. Give her options to choose from but don’t make it impossible.
It’s easy to get stressed out about the details, but remember, she’s probably stressed with this and other things already. Take it easy. Bring her a glass of wine at every opportunity you get.
If there are a few of you, make sure that you’re all on the same page with everything. Communication is key. Everyone needs to know everything at all times. Try to keep bitchiness to the bare minimum. We all know that sometimes some people can push you to your limits. Take it from us, it’s not worth it. Just take a deep breath, smile and keep your cool. If things become a little overwhelming, take a deep breath (do you see where I’m going with this?), smile and brave-face through it.
The best part of being a bridesmaid is not the big day, it’s the bachelorette party. And planning the perfect day for her is going to be epic.
- Know the bride well enough to know what her favourite things were as a child. Maybe you might not know but one of the other ladies might. If that doesn’t work, contact a family member.
- You already know what her favourite things are now.
- Mix that up with some Magic Mike action, and you’re set to go.
- Stay in contact with all the other people in the bridal party. It’s good to be on top of things.
- Help the bride with whatever she needs for the night. Be it lip gloss or a ride home.
- Be consistent. Nobody likes wishy-washy.
- Stay in your lane. If it wasn’t your job, don’t try to do it better.
- Notify her husband-to-be and his best man of your plans. We know you’ve got this, but they need to know that they are on stand-by (if they are) if you need them.
- Arrange keepsakes for the night for all the guests and one in particular for the bride. A photo collage or a memory book works great.
- Don’t be boring. Show up, show off and have the best freaking night of your lives.
With these tips, we know you’re going to be the best bridesmaids ever, vinas!
If you’re in need of some vinas to throw some big day ideas off of, find your next wedding planning crew on Hey! VINA today!