‘Tis the season for heart-shaped everything, mountains of roses and heaps of chocolates. Love is in the air, and that’s a beautiful thing! I believe one of the most unfortunate misconceptions about Valentine’s Day is that it’s centered around romantic love, specifically. I don’t subscribe to this notion, and neither should you! Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate all forms of love, especially friendship. So, why not set aside some time this February to get together with your vinas and celebrate each other? In fact, I’ll even offer up some ideas to help ensure you have the perfect VVD—Vina Valentine’s Date!
I love to dress up for an evening out—any excuse to put on a dress and a pair of heels. If you and your vina(s) feel the same, go all out with your fancy plans! Here are some ideas for your kickass date:
- Get blowouts together—there’s nothing like going out with your hair on-point, and it’s that much better when you have your vina pals with you! Many salons will throw in a complimentary glass of champagne or wine.
- Prep for your date together, and plan to get dressed and ready together. I always love doing this with friends before a big event—we chat, help each other get ready, and pregame for the evening with some wine. So, why not put on some mood music, bust out the bubbly, and shamelessly compliment each other while you get glammed-up for a fantastic evening?
- Go to that fancy-ass restaurant you and your vinas have been dying to try! This is the perfect opportunity to splurge and enjoy a dining experience you wouldn’t normally treat yourself to. Also, there should absolutely be candlelight—this is really non-negotiable.
- Exchange Valentine’s gifts over dinner. Do you love giving and/or receiving gifts? Me too! You can go the more traditional route and give each other ostentatious bouquets or more personalized gifts that represent your friendship.
- Don’t forget dessert! Honestly, I think dessert should be mandatory for all dates. If your dinner isn’t followed by a delicious sweet treat (Mmmm, ice cream. All day. Every day. Ice cream), then I don’t think it truly counts as a date, but I digress.
Are you and your vinas looking for something a bit more exciting? Do I have the PERFECT plan for you! You know how you’ve both talked about wanting to get a tattoo, but you just never seemed to get around to it? Here’s your opportunity! I HIGHLY recommend choosing an artist in advance and doing a consultation to ensure you and the artist are on the same page regarding your tattoo vision. Here’s the perfect game plan for you and your besties:
- Start the day off with a scrumptious brunch (I suggest avoiding booze).
- Shake off nerves by watching your and your vinas’ favorite Netflix series (I highly recommend “Queer Eye” or “Grace & Frankie” 🤗).
- Get your tats! Some parlors will let you sit in the room with each other as moral support (you can always chat with your artist beforehand about this).
- Take some time to admire each other’s new ink.
- Celebrate! I recommend ice cream followed by hours of dancing (either out on the town or in the comfort of your home wearing your coziest PJs).
Do you love getting creative and creating eye-catching crafts? Then you’d better prepare yourself for this epic VVD!
- Both of you choose a Valentine’s craft from Pinterest and purchase the supplies prior to the date.
- Meet at either of your abodes and exchange crafts (this can be your V-Day gift to each other)!
- Take it a step further before you begin your crafting extravaganza by both picking a cocktail recipe to try. Besides, I’m pretty sure cocktails make everyone better crafters.
- Construct your creations.
- Admire each other’s works of art!
KEEP IT COZY & CASUAL
Not feeling up for a night on the town? Opt for a cozy night in instead! You can have a perfectly wonderful Vina Valentine’s date within the comfort of your own home. Here’s how:
- Dress code: pajamas (10 points to Gryffindor if they’re footies).
- Have everyone bring their favorite snack to share.
- Menu: comfort food—whatever brings warmth to your heart and happiness to your tummies. To go along with your pajama theme, you can prepare a menu of your favorite breakfast dishes (i.e. pancakes smothered in peanut butter and maple syrup 😍).
- Have some wine or mimosas (if you go with the breakfast theme), and let your vinas know how awesome you think they are.
- End the evening with your favorite best friend flick! Can’t think of one? “Bridesmaids,” “The Spy Who Dumped Me,” and “First Wives Club” are all excellent options.
Treat yourselves to a day of relaxation and self-care. Here are some steps to your perfect date:
- Start the day off at your favorite cozy breakfast spot. You can even order-in, if you’re wanting to keep it super chill.
- Surprise your vinas with a trip to the spa.
- Enjoy luxurious facials, massages and mani-pedis.
- Afterward, go for a refreshing smoothie.
- End the evening with a relaxing yoga session at that awesome spot you’ve heard so much about.
Whatever you decide to do with your vinas this Valentine’s Day, remember to set aside some time to express your gratitude for each other and remind one another what badasses you are!
There’s nothing quite like being affirmed and appreciated by a friend, so jump on the Hey! VINA app to start connecting with your potential new besties!