We all know about the insanity that is Black Friday. People spending the night waiting in lines and unruly crowds starting trouble. Yes, you may save a few bucks but is it worth it? This year skip the madness and clock in some QT with your vina crew instead.
10 ALTERNATIVES TO BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING
- Gym date – Make plans with your vinas to head to the gym and burn off some of the indulgence from Thanksgiving dinner. Break a sweat and enjoy another slice of pumpkin pie guilt free afterwards!
- Leftovers and movies – with so much good food in the house, have some vinas over for a lazy movie and veg out afternoon.
- Play date – take the kiddos or the furry fidos (or both!) to the park for some energy burning playtime. Invite fellow vina mommies to join in on the fun.
- Hit the hiking trails – after slaving away cooking in the kitchen all weekend get some much needed fresh air out in nature. Pack a left-over turkey sandwhich and have a picnic on the trail!
- Brunch dates – you know when family gets together there’s always some good stories to tell. Swap holiday stories over pancakes and mimosas at brunch with your vinas.
- Road trip – many of us have some extra time off during the week of Thanksgiving so it might be the perfect time for a quick escape to lands unknown. Pack up the car and hit the road with your besties and explore!
- Volunteer – Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and give thanks for all the wonderful people and things we have in our lives. The best way to spread the joy is to give back to others who may be less fortunate. Look up local volunteer opportunities in your community and make plans with your vinas to give back.
- Host a Friendsgiving – while Thanksgiving with family is always delightful, Friendsgiving with your vina crew is a whole new world of fun. Yummy food, tasty drinks and amazing company, so much to celebrate!
- Arts and crafts – get creative with your vinas and host a DIY party. Find some Pinterest inspiration and bust out the paint, knitting needles and beads. You can even get an early start on those holiday gifts and make something for that special someone 😉
- Thrift shop – you may not want to deal with the chaos at the mall, but you just might love the much calmer shopping experience at your local thrift shop. Supporting this eco-friendly cause is so easy and fun, you’ll be amazed at the gems you find.
What are your plans for Black Friday? Tell us in the comments!
(Feature image via Shop Style)