How often does “let’s do this again soon!” turn into, “when was the last time we got together?!” A good vina makes plans and sticks to them, a great vina commits to a friendship routine. This helps you consistently grow new friendships while not letting your older ones fall to the wayside. So set your social life on auto-pilot by setting up repeating dates with your vinas that you can always be looking forward to! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Set up a weekly call – you can even agree to videochat! Set up a time and day
- and stick to it! Trust me, it’ll be something you look forward to, and it won’t seem like a chore.
- Pick a show to watch that’s on weekly – most entertainment is best watched with like-minded folk! Take turns hosting, preparing themed snacks and drinks, and catching up during the commercial breaks.
GET OUT OF THE HOUSE
- Form a trivia team – the best way to celebrate a wonderfully diverse group of vinas is to put their brains to the test! Find a weekly trivia night, come up with a punny team name, and let the good times roll.
- Set up a weekly morning coffee date – everyone has time for morning coffee in their schedules, so set up a time to slow down and chat together once a week!
OR GET MOVING!
- Take a workout class together – no matter how crazy life gets, it’s always reassuring to know you have a standing date with you vina and your yoga mat. Or pilates machine. Or cycle. Or trampoline. Whatever you’re into!
- Train for a marathon together – for when you’re ready to take it to the next level. Training for 26.2 miles takes some serious time, but nothing helps the distance fly like good conversation.
Have you tried setting up recurring friend-dates with your vinas?
(Featured Image via Bottled Creativity Blog)